Thursday, April 1, 2010

How to block access to websites in your own PC?

Dear readers,

You can’t stop thanking me if I tell you this tip!
This scenario may happen to everyone. I am having my notebook in my home and my parents/relatives/friends any one can access my PC. But I may think of blocking some websites to be accessed by others thru my PC. There are lot of parent control software’s available but still we shall see how we can do this by our own.
 For Eg., I would like to block youtube.com from my PC.
1.     Goto C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\etc or C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc
2.     Open “hosts” file in notepad.
3.     At the end of that file you should be seeing
“127.0.0.1       localhost”.
4.     Now add 
127.0.0.2 www.youtube.com and 


127.0.0.3 www.anywebsitename.com
5.     Once you are done, reboot your PC. Now you won’t be able to access youtube or any other site name that you have specified.

No comments:

Post a Comment