Wednesday, November 3, 2010

No sound in linuxmint

Dear readers,

For many valid reason such as stay away from virus, store data securely and avoid data snatching I jumped into Linux mint.

I was using ubuntu for a while and now jumped into Linux mint. Until yesterday the sound was working properly but all sudden It stopped working.

I did a search in all forms and finally got this solution. I hope it would help you too. Thank to vie et mort for sharing the same.

Quick solution 1:
sudo killall pulseaudio
sudo alsa force-reload

(viewtopic.php?f=48&t=33575)

Solution 2 (I'm fooling around with this currently):

******************************************************
Removal of PulseAudio and Installation of ESound
******************************************************

sudo killall pulseaudio

cp /etc/X11/Xsession.d/70pulseaudio ~/

sudo apt-get purge pulseaudio

sudo apt-get install -y esound esound-clients esound-common libesd-alsa0

sudo reboot

No comments:

Post a Comment